It’s still strawberry season on this side of the world and here is one of the great ways to use them. Simple Summer Strawberry Cake is a hit in our house!
If you follow this blog, you will notice that I am a fan of simple, easy and quick recipes. Especially cake recipes! I don’t believe in spending hours in the kitchen to produce something that will be gone within seconds. That is why I love this recipe for Simple Summer Strawberry Cake.
So here it is!
- 150 gr plain white flour
- 80 gr soy butter
- 100 gr brown sugar + some to sprinkle
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 200 ml soy yoghurt (pour a bit less than 200 ml and add water to make it more liquid as this will be the only liquid ingredient in the cake)
- 2 cups of strawberries cut in thin slices (leave few for decoration on top)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- First beat butter, oil and sugar until it gets creamy texture.
- Now, in a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla.
- In a cup mix yoghurt and water.
- Add half of the yoghurt mixture to butter and mix.
- Add now half of the flour and mix well.
- Repeat until you’ve combined all ingredients.
- Now add chopped strawberries and whisk it. Don’t mix too much.
- As last add the apple cider and stir.
- Now grease the baking pan and pour the mixture in it. Place strawberries gently on top and sprinkle with 1 – 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 200 C for about 40 – 45 minutes. Check after 40 minutes if it’s done.
- Serve with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- This cake can easily be made with nectarines or peaches. You will need 5 – 6 nectarines for the cake. 1 for decoration on top.
I hope you like this Simple Summer Strawberry Cake recipe. If you do, make sure to let us know and share this recipe with your friends and family. Because: Sharing is caring! 🙂
If you are looking for more recipes like this then this is the place to be. More easy summer cake recipes you can find on this website. My recommendations are: Quick Vegan Cake, Strawberry Tart, Chocolate Fruit Cake, No Bake Cake or Cous Cous Cake.
http://bit.ly/1QBcmvf June 16, 2015 at 01:01PM by Flexible Vegan